From landscapes to family memories, craft your life with Fabricate!
Fabricate® is a year-round "home away from home" for quilters, scrapbookers, cardmakers, collage artists, and family tree researchers. In our welcoming, dome-shaped building (originally built in 1978 as a bank!), Fabricate houses a wide-ranging collection of fabrics, papers, notions, embellishments, art supplies, yarns, books, and accessories. Here, you'll find:
- Over 500 bolts of 100% cotton fabrics from Quilting Treasures, RJR, Blank Quilting, Wilmington, Riley Blake, P&B, Timeless Treasures, and many other in-demand lines
- More than 150 different 12x12 papers from BoBunny, Ruby Rock-It, KaiserCraft, Fancy Pants, Bella, Ella & Viv, My Mind's Eye, and other leading scrapbooking sources
- Now featuring VACATIONLAND, MAKE MINE MAINE!, and NEW ENGLAND MEMORIES, Fabricate's own lines of 12x12 papers!
- Gütermann threads, Anchor tapestry wools, and Coats & Clark embroidery floss in a rainbow of colors
- Sewing notions for quilters: from beeswax to diamond rulers, and everything in between!
- Patterns and kits to jumpstart your ideas
- New England yarns from Downeast Fiber Farm, Peace Fleece, and Frabjous Fibers
- Handmade quilts, wallhangings, purses and patterns by regional artists like Kaitlyn Callahan, Susie Estabrook, Cheryl Lewis, Tera Fey, Joanne Parkinson, and The Batty Quilter
- A full range of digital photographic services to enhance your scrapbook album work
- Assistance with family tree research and heritage art projects
- Classroom space for open crops, workshops, and group projects
MDI has never had a store like Fabricate. We hope you'll visit us soon!
Store Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am till 5:30 pm; Sunday, noon till 5 pm; closed Mondays